Greetings SEC Family!
As you are aware, the World is changing every day due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has taken place. In turn we must change with it. We are resuming school in September. In response to the regulations the Provincial Health has put into place, we will be having two groups of students to practice social distancing for the safety of the students and staff. There is Group A and Group B.
Group A will be coming to Southeast Collegiate September 8th for five weeks then returning home and Group B will come to SEC on October 13th. Group B will be starting the school year at home. Go to the Southeast Collegiate website and under 20-21 School Year you will see two options, Cohort A or Cohort B. Choose your group and your calendar will be there to guide you with this years’ school plan. We will send homework packages, along with school supplies and calendars on September 2nd. We will be individually calling each student and their family to go over all the details for the upcoming school year, travel, and to answer any questions. SEC will provide the students with a Chromebook laptop to continue with their schoolwork when at home. Group B will have this laptop for the second time they return home as they require training of how to use Google Classroom.
SEC is working on hiring an individual in the communities to help check in with students and supervise students at a venue so they can work together on school work with their peers. If not available, this person will make home visits to touch base with the students. We will update via website when we have more information. You will have support from SEC when doing school work from home.
During the travel days from the community to Winnipeg, the students are responsible to supply their own masks, bandanas or face and nose covering. This must be worn in the airport, on the flight and in the buses to the school. SEC will provide a mask when the students return home from Winnipeg. These are protocols put in place by the airlines themselves to protect passengers and customers.
Upon arrival to SEC, all students must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is face masks and gloves. PPE will be worn every time students come back to SEC for 2 weeks (14 days). It is mandatory in all Manitoba schools that masks are to be worn every day by staff and students. SEC students will be able to remove PPE after 14 days. SEC staff will always wear PPE and will be asked the screening questions and will have their temperature taken daily before entering the facility to work.
- All students must have their own dorm room, they will not be allowed to room together. In the dorm rooms, each student has their own side of the room. Students are not to touch the other half of the room that belongs to a Group B student. Group A students are on the left side of the room and Group B students on the right. Before the students return home for the first switch they will pack up and leave their belongings behind in a locked storage room until they return for the next switch. During the weekend between travel days the Lodge staff will be cleaning and sanitizing each room and facility thoroughly to prepare for the next Group to ensure all sanitization requirements are met.
- Students are not allowed to change groups during the year.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn for 2 weeks upon arriving to SEC every time.
- No sign outs as per the Covid-19 student policy all parents/guardians signed.
- All students will receive a Chromebook and training on how to use it. Group A in September and Group B in October.
- Each student will receive an SEC email address in which they are able to sign in to their Chromebook, use email, as well as, for Google Classroom.
Please note that there will be no sign outs allowed as per the COVID 19 student policy that was signed as part of Admissions.
Everything we do is safety for the students. Please continue to watch our website as things are always changing. You can find information under 20-21 School Year tab between the Home and About tabs. Under which you will find Cohort A Students and Cohort B Students. Also, a School Plan section which will have and updates and technological information. Lastly, there is a Contact Us section that you can reach out to for any questions or concerns.
Let’s make this a great year in the face of adversity.